Join two of The elbowroom’s favourite teachers for a warming and transformative retreat of deep breath and body connection, inner listening, and soul-nourishing to kindle our inner fire for the winter ahead.
As we approach this seasonal shift of shortening days and changing conditions, take some time to fuel your inner fire; building gentle heat in our physical practice, connecting to and nurturing our desires through journaling and guided practices of self-reflection, and nourishing our digestive fire or Agni with seasonal and healing food.
Our auspicious date of Friday the 13th October hovers close to the New Moon before Samhain.
Allow this to be a time of gathering and transformation, harvesting our energies, our dreams, and desires, and creating a warm space for them to thrive throughout the winter.
Our practice will embrace the shifting energy of the day. Opening and celebrating the light of morning, and soothing and welcoming the darkening night.
Sun Practice – We shall gently rise and move, breathe together in our Pranayama, be in the light of morning, feel the strength in the body, create stability and build sustainable heat.
Moon Practice -We shall move through flowing moon salutations, keeping our emphasis to the earth, connection to our Yin energy, to release and rest in a deep and restorative Yoga Nidra.
Each practice – We will have an emphasis on the seats of Yoga. Celebrating connection, stillness, and strength.
Onsite massage will be optional and available using nourishing and settling oils to calm and ease the airiness of Vata or feel free to warm the body in our hot tub.
- Start Date: Friday 13th October 2017
- End Date: Sunday 15th October 2017
- Time: 17:00
5pm: Settle in with tea, chats, and free time to read, reflect and journal
6.30pm: Opening circle & gentle flow
9pm: Yoga Nidra
8.30 – 10am: Morning practice
11am: Guided Hike amongst the Wicklow hills.
1.30pm – Lunch
2.00pm – 6pm: Journaling/Treatments/Free time
6pm: Evening practice
8.30pm: Hot tub time
Morning practice: 9.00 – 10.30am
Closing Ceremony 1pm
All meals throughout your stay:
2 x Breakfast
2 x lunch
2 x dinner
Food is wholesome vegetarian cooking
All Yoga classes
Mats and yoga equipment are all provided.
The benefits of investing in your well being are immeasurable; here are just a few reasons you might want to book this retreat.
1. Deepen your understanding of asana and pranayama practices in an environment where you will feel supported and guided by two yoga teachers.
2. Develop your meditation practice in a centre where you can fully switch off from outside distractions.
3. Eat well. This retreat includes healthy and delicious vegetarian meals throughout your stay. No cooking, no shopping, and no stress.
4. Self Reflect. Take time just for yourself to connect and reflect through the physical practices of Yoga but also through the guided practices of journaling and self-reflection.
5. De-stress: It goes without saying that on a yoga retreat you are sure to deeply relax and de-stress. Be refreshed and renewed by the glorious Wicklow countryside. Lie in bed for a little longer if you like or wake and join a class or a hike during the day. And did we mention the hot tub? There’s a hot tub.
6. Nature – Escape to the beautiful landscape of Wicklow at a particularly stunning time of year as the leaves amongst the forest turn. We will take a guided hike on Saturday afternoon amongst the beautiful Wicklow hills.
7. Meet new friends. Yoga is about connection and you are guaranteed to meet people on a yoga retreat with similar interests. Whether you come on your own or with friends you are just one Om away from a new yoga community.
Shared rooms – €350 per person
To book, please email
Susie on – email@example.com Or Mairin on – firstname.lastname@example.org
Susie's love of yoga comes through in her classes. She teaches with a strong emphasis on breath and movement. Skillfully sequencing classes to inspire the soul to feel free in movement and to fully express your own uniqueness. She believes every practice is a movement meditation and she blends her passion for music into her class to create an environment of soft melodic liberation.
She wants everyone in her class to leave feeling a little stronger, a little softer, more connected and less attached.
Máirín is a writer, facilitator and Yoga teacher instigating connection with an open heart. By bringing together a physical, mindful and creative practice Máirín believes Yoga can be a platform to build openness and energy, strength and awareness, and provide us with a space to connect to ourselves and each other.
In her classes Máirín creates an igniting of awareness in the body, allowing us to be in contact with the physical and emotional sensations as we move in our practice. She encourages the release of tension, the balance of effort, and the expansive safety of the breath. She teaches a dynamic and flowing class with an emphasis on self awareness and empowerment of each student.
She believes in the space for transformation with a daily practice and offers guidance and support in the development of an integrative and holistic practice that her students can create for themselves.